We know that we have a lot of amazing film makers in the Ottawa-Gatineau area – last year, we had plenty of submissions to our showcase last year, which generated lots of interest, so we are doing it again! What we hope to do is compile all of these clips to show before we show Serenity and we’ll include your web info here online.
What we hope to do is compile all of these clips into a running loop during the event and we’ll include your web info here online.
Maybe you have just completed a short film and have submitted it to some official showcases and want to get some buzz about it – send us you clip and info!
Maybe you are working on one that you are hoping to raise interest, budget, etc – send us your clip and info!
If you are interested in participating, please send an email to Info@ottawabrowncoats.ca and we’ll get back to you with details on what we’ll need from you!
Guidelines for submission:
- Deadline for submissions is 11:59PM, Wednesday, September 28.
- The trailer should aim to be at most, PG-13 (same as Serenity), but should aim for G.
- Length: 90 seconds or less
- Format: ideally .mov or .mp4 (H.264), but .flv, .wmv, or .mpeg can work as well.
- Audio: Levels to -12db
- Delivery method: downloadable file, Dropbox shared folder, email (less then 16 MB), or online video sharing service like YouTube or Vimeo (with file sharing turned on). No DVDs, please.
- Resolution: As high as you have it, but no lower than 720×480, please.
- The trailer must be a local production (Ottawa, Ontario and region).
Would be nice if:
- Filmmaker promoted the Ottawa Serenity Charity Screening online (Twitter, Facebook, their site, etc) and offline.
- Filmmaker attends the Screening (and brings friends!) Buy your tickets here
Submission of a trailer doesn’t guarantee that it will be shown at the Ottawa Serenity Charity Screening. We will be contacting the selected filmmakers within a few days of the deadline to let them know! Thanks in advance for sending us your trailers!